An unlikely candidate for the top four places in the Premier League is in action this Sunday.
- West Ham United @ Aston Villa
- Current records: West Ham United 5-2-2; Aston Villa 3-5-1
What there is to know
West Ham United won their two matches against Aston Villa last season (2-1 and 3-1) and are aiming for the same result on Sunday. They meet for their first stop of the season at 12:30 p.m. ET at Villa Park. The Irons are still expected to rise high after a win, while Villa will seek to right the ship.
Tottenham Hotspur usually have all the answers at home, but West Ham on Sunday proved too difficult a challenge. West Ham won by one goal, overtaking Tottenham 1-0. The score was tied for nothing at the break, but West Ham were the better team in the second half.
Meanwhile, the Lions fell short against Arsenal last Friday, losing 3-1.
Aston Villa’s loss brought them down to 3-5-1 while West Ham United’s victory brought them down to 5-2-2. A win for Villa would reverse both their bad luck and West Ham United’s good luck. We’ll see if Villa manages to tackle this difficult task or if West Ham keeps up the momentum.
How to watch
- Who: Aston Villa vs. West Ham United
- When: Sunday at 12:30 p.m. ET
- Or: Villa park
- TV: NBC Sports Network
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Caesar’s Sportsbook odds: Aston Villa +180, Null +245, West Ham +150
Featured Game | Aston Villa vs. West Ham United
History of the series
West Ham United have won two and tied two in their last four games for Aston Villa.
- February 03, 2021 – West Ham United 3 v Aston Villa 1
- November 30, 2020 – West Ham United 2 v Aston Villa 1
- July 26, 2020 – Aston Villa 1 v West Ham United 1
- Sep 16, 2019 – West Ham United 0 v Aston Villa 0