through 2 quarters
The Milwaukee Bucks may not yet call it a day, but they are winning as expected. They won at halftime and edged the New York Knicks 63-56.
Shooting goaltender Grayson Allen has led the way so far for Milwaukee as he shot 5 for 7 from across the arc and recorded 17 points, two assists and five rebounds. New York has been led by forward Julius Randle, who so far has 16 points and three assists as well as eight boards.
New York @ Milwaukee
Current records: New York 5-3; Milwaukee 4-4
What there is to know
The Milwaukee Bucks face the New York Knicks at 7:30 p.m. ET Friday at the Fiserv Forum after having had a few days off. Milwaukee is still expected to climb high after a big win, while New York will look to get back to the winning column.
It all went in the Bucks’ direction against the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday as they won 117-89. The fight was almost over by the end of the third, by which time Milwaukee had established a 90-62 advantage. It was another big night for their forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who had 28 points and nine assists in addition to eight boards and four blocks.
Meanwhile, New York fell far behind the Indiana Pacers when they played on Wednesday, losing 111-98. One thing that held back New York was poor play by point guard Kemba Walker, who didn’t have his best game: He played for 28 minutes but scored just four points on a 2-on-11 shot.
The Bucks are the favorites in this one, with an expected margin of victory of 4 points. They were consistent ATS cash generators when favored (4-2), so they could be worth a quick bet.
Milwaukee was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap when the two teams met in March as they lost 102-96 to the Knicks. Can Milwaukee avenge its defeat or is history doomed to repeat itself? We will find out soon.
How to watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Or: Fiserv Forum – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- TV: ESPN
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 27.96
Bucks are 4-point favorite against Knicks, latest says NBA odds.
The punters had a good idea of ââthe line for this one, as the game opened with the Bucks as the 5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
History of the series
Milwaukee have won 15 of their last 21 games against New York.
- March 27, 2021 – New York 102 vs. Milwaukee 96
- March 11, 2021 – Milwaukee 134 vs. New York 101
- December 27, 2020 – New York 130 vs. Milwaukee 110
- January 14, 2020 – Milwaukee 128 vs. New York 102
- December 21, 2019 – Milwaukee 123 vs. New York 102
- December 02, 2019 – Milwaukee 132 v New York 88
- December 27, 2018 – Milwaukee 112 vs. New York 96
- December 25, 2018 – Milwaukee 109 v New York 95
- 01 Dec. 2018 – New York 136 vs. Milwaukee 134
- October 22, 2018 – Milwaukee 124 vs. New York 113
- April 07, 2018 – Milwaukee 115 vs. New York 102
- March 09, 2018 – Milwaukee 120 vs. New York 112
- February 06, 2018 – Milwaukee 103 vs. New York 89
- February 02, 2018 – Milwaukee 92 vs. New York 90
- March 08, 2017 – Milwaukee 104 vs. New York 93
- January 06, 2017 – New York 116 v Milwaukee 111
- January 04, 2017 – Milwaukee 105 vs. New York 104
- January 10, 2016 – New York 100 v Milwaukee 88
- December 05, 2015 – Milwaukee 106 vs. New York 91
- November 06, 2015 – Milwaukee 99 v New York 92
- October 28, 2015 – New York 122 v Milwaukee 97
Milwaukee injury report
- Brook Lopez: outside (back)
- Donte DiVincenzo: Out (ankle)
- Khris Middleton: absent (Covid-19)
New York injury report
No injury information