The short answer is yes, there is a co-op in Far Cry 6. However, this is limited to online co-op. Both players will need a console and a copy of the game. There is no Couch Co-op, also known as a Local Split-Screen Co-op, in Far Cry 6.
Far Cry 6 Cross Play
Both Far Cry 6 players will need to play on the same platform, be it Xbox, PC or PlayStation.
How cooperation works in Far Cry 6
Multiplayer is a bit different in Far Cry 6 than in previous games. For one thing, the entire campaign can be played in co-op multiplayer once it’s unlocked, and you can join and opt out at your leisure.
How to unlock the cooperative operation
To unlock multiplayer co-op in Far Cry 6, you must first complete the fourth story mission, Du Or Die.
How many players can play Far Cry 6 Co Op?
A total of two players can join a single co-op session in Far Cry 6. There is no four-player co-op.
Far Cry 6 Co-Op Progression
Campaign story progress will only be recorded for the host player, however, guests can retain items, upgraded items, experience, and more while playing co-op in Far Cry 6.
How to play cooperatively
Switching to multiplayer is easy in Far Cry 6, and it’s not just for people on your Friends list, either.
- Choose Co-Op at the top right
- Choose play with a friend to choose someone from your friends list, or:
- Choose Find a Partner to recruit someone randomly online
To join random’s online session, choose “be a partner” and “set as available” instead – you will then be notified when someone’s session is found that you can join.
To get started, make sure you’ve completed Operation 4: Du Or Die. Once you’ve done that, go to the menu (the hamburger button on PlayStation 5, which is immediately to the right of the trackpad) and select the Co-Op menu in the upper right corner.
From there you can add friends from various places, for example: on PS5 you can add multiplayer partners through search, voice chat, parties, friends, game owners and played together.
What you need to know about Far Cry 6 multiplayer
- Keep your friends close: You will have to stay close to each other during your co-op session, or you will take damage. Once you get away from 269 yards, you’ll receive a warning to stay near your co-op partner, but you won’t take damage until you reach 280m (a distance roughly five times your length. location arrow)
- Everyone gets loot! Opening the chest as a host or guest of the co-op grants loot for everyone. Sometimes the item will be the same, but it will usually be different, especially when one of you has already opened the chest in their own game. For this reason, it may be beneficial to team up with someone who doesn’t. ‘opened no chest, because you can get bonus loot!
- Search for chests: Saving the members of Libertad reveals the same caches for both players, which is fantastic, as you’ll have to stay close to each other anyway.
- Locations, locations, locations: If you have purchased the location of items such as roosters, USB sticks, etc., your co-op partner will be able to see them as well. Use this and find all the coolest articles together, sharing your information.
- It’s probably a bug, but … Co-op dying and respawning can reveal guerrilla hideouts in completely different parts of the map you haven’t yet visited, reveal dialogue from secret endings, and more.