The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (17-12, 9-7 C-USA) travel to C-USA against the Marshall Thundering Herd (11-18, 4-12 C-USA) on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET.
In their last game, the Hilltoppers got a team-high 13 points from Dayvion McKnight in a 69-52 loss to Middle Tennessee on Saturday. They failed to cover the gap as 1.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 121 points to go under the 144.5-point total. The Thundering Herd beat Southern Miss 74-60 and covered the lead as 6-point favorites while going under 151.5 points in their final game on Monday. Andrew Taylor scored a team-high 17 points in the victory.
Find all the detailed information about this NCAA men’s basketball game including date, time, TV channel and where to stream it live online for free. Watch this match live in the USA on FuboTV (7-day free trial).
Watch Western Kentucky vs. Marshall with fuboTV
Who are the major players in Western Kentucky?
- McKnight leads the Hilltoppers in points (15.6 points per game) and assists (5.8 assists per game).
- Western Kentucky is led in rebounds by Jamarion Sharp’s 7.1 per game.
- Camron Justice is the Hilltoppers’ best three-point shooter, hitting 2.6 per game.
- The leader in Western Kentucky blocks is Sharp, who averaged 4.3 per game. Josh Anderson leads the team with an average of 2.3 steals a contest.
Who are the key players for Marshall?
- Taevion Kinsey of the Thundering Herd is averaging enough points (18.7 per game) and assists (4.4 per game) to top the team standings.
- Obinna Anochili-Killen leads the Marshall rebounds chart with 6.3 rebounds per game. He is also scoring 11.9 points and adding 0.8 assists per game.
- Taylor is the Thundering Herd’s top scorer from deep, with 1.9 threes per game.
- Taylor (1.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for Marshall while Anochili-Killen (2.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
Key Stats for Western Kentucky vs. Marshall
- This season, the Hilltoppers have a 46.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2% more than the 44.9% shooting percentage that opponents Thundering Herd have knocked down.
- In games, Western Kentucky is shooting better than 44.9 percent from the field, it’s 11-7 ATS and 14-6 overall.
- The Thundering Herd are shooting 44% from the field, 2.2% more than the 41.8% the Hilltoppers opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Marshall is 6-10 ATS and 9-8 overall in games the team collectively shoots above 41.8 percent from the field.
- Western Kentucky is 10-5 ATS and 11-5 straight in games this season when the team knocked down more than 34.1 percent of its three-point attempts.
- Marshall is 3-4 ATS and 3-4 when the team makes more than 33.4 percent of its three-point attempts.
- The Hilltoppers are making 7.6 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.3 more marks per game than the Thundering Herd allow (7.3).
- Western Kentucky is 7-2-0 ATS and 8-2 overall when connecting on more three-pointers than opponents, while Marshall is 1-10-0 ATS and 3-8 straight in matches when he came out- pulled from deep.
- The Thundering Herd is the 185th-ranked three-point shooting team in college basketball, while the Hilltoppers drop the 334th-fewest marks from deep.
Who is the favorite to win Western Kentucky against Marshall?
To watch this game live from the USA, go to fuboTV (7-day free trial broadcast).