Appalachian State @ Louisiana
Current records: Appalachian State 4-1; Louisiana 4-1
What there is to know
After two road games, the Louisiana Ragin ‘Cajuns return home. The Ragin ‘Cajuns and Appalachian State Mountaineers will face off in a Sun Belt battle at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday at Cajun Field. Both teams are looking to build on the momentum of their previous victories.
Louisiana won the game against the South Alabama Jaguars last week, going over 20-18. The overall outcome was to be expected, but Southern Alabama made it more of a contest than punters predicted.
Meanwhile, you’re bound to get a positive result if you beat your opponent every quarter, and that’s exactly what happened for Appalachian State last week. They made it easier for the Georgia State Panthers to take a 45-16 victory. The game was almost over by the end of the third, when Appalachian State had established a 31-9 advantage. Appalachian State QB Chase Brice threw him in as he passed for three touchdowns and 329 yards on 29 attempts. Near the top of the climax reel was Brice’s 80-yard TD bomb to WR Christian Wells in the fourth quarter.
The Appalachian State defense was also present, as it crossed the Panthers’ offensive line to sack the QB four times in total. In the lead, LB D’Marco Jackson and his two sacks. These are Jackson’s first bags this year.
The victories took the Ragin ‘Cajuns to 4-1 and the Mountaineers to 4-1. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before kick-off: Louisiana stumbles into the game with the 172nd most rushed touchdowns allowed in the country, after allowing eight this season. Appalachian State has had its own struggles as it is the 170th worst in the country in passing yards allowed per game, averaging 247.2. It’s possible that one of those Achilles heels will end up tripping the losing team.
How to watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Or: Cajun Field – Lafayette, Louisiana
- TV: ESPN2
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
History of the series
Appalachian State has won seven of its last eight games against Louisiana.
- December 04, 2020 – Louisiana 24 v Appalachian State 21
- December 07, 2019 – Appalachian State 45 v Louisiana 38
- October 09, 2019 – Appalachian State 17 vs Louisiana 7
- 01 Dec. 2018 – Appalachian State 30 vs. Louisiana 19
- October 20, 2018 – Appalachian State 27 vs Louisiana 17
- December 02, 2017 – Appalachian State 63 vs. Louisiana 14
- October 12, 2016 – Appalachian State 24 vs. Louisiana 0
- November 28, 2015 – Appalachian State 28 vs. Louisiana 7