Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic story of life in America at the dawn of the modern age.
America, 1899. The end of the Old West era has begun as lawmen hunt down the last outlaw gangs. Those who do not surrender or succumb are killed.
After a robbery goes wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the nation’s best bounty hunters hot on their heels, the gang must rob, rob and fight their way through America’s rugged heartland to survive. As growing internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must choose between his own ideals and his loyalty to the gang that raised him.
Designed from the ground up for the latest hardware, Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we’ve learned since about creating deep multiplayer experiences. The result is something completely new and fun, and an experience that will continue to expand and evolve over time as we receive valuable feedback from our community during the beta period.
Built from the ground up for the latest hardware, Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we’ve learned since about creating deep multiplayer experiences. The result is something completely new and fun, and an experience that will continue to grow and evolve over time.
With the gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2 as a foundation, Red Dead Online transforms the vast and deeply detailed landscapes, cities, towns, and habitats of Red Dead Redemption 2 in a new living online world ready to be shared by multiple players. Create and customize your character, adapt your abilities to your playstyle, and head to a new frontier full of things to discover.
Explore the world alone or with friends. Form or join a party to ride with up to seven players; gather around the fire in your camp; go hunting or fishing; visit bustling cities; fight enemy gangs and raid their hideouts; treasure hunt; undertake missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states; or fight other outlaws in spontaneous skirmishes and pitched battles; compete against other players or entire groups in open-world challenges and more.
red dead online will highlight opportunities across the game’s vast frontier in the coming weeks, with improvements in Sales to merchants and all Free roaming missions, as well as increased skin returns, free predator bait, and more throughout the month.
- $RDO doubled in all Sales to merchants and especially Free Roaming Missions
- An additional RDO$ of 50% on all pelts delivered to Merchants (Butchers and Gus Macmillan included), plus pelts turned in to Cripps will also have increased value
- Free items for Traders and Naturalists: All Traders will receive 10 predator bait, while Naturalists will earn 10 Blending Tonics just for playing this month
- Double XP (Character and Role) on the trade route Free roaming event
- Double RDO$ and XP at a time call to arms andLooting
- A free red Morning Tail Coat to fill the A land of opportunities Mission “Love and Honor”
- Fees raised to Camp maintenance, configuration and removals for the whole month
- One month discounts: 5 less gold bars the sample kit at Harriet Davenport’s Shop, 75% off Varmint Rifle, 70% off Legendary animal pheromones, 60% off the Flixton hat, 50% off Brass Glasses, 40% off everything Boots, trader role outfits, Missouri Fox Trotter horses, the Carcano rifle, Glenwood coat, and ram’s horn trinket (at Gus’ store)
- Valentine’s Day Discounts (2/14): 50% off all Corsets, top hats, ties, waistcoats, dresses, and all Barber services
- Prime Gaming Benefits: Players who connect their Social Club account to Prime Gaming through February 28 will receive a reward for a free pair of select pants and a To offer for 30% off a arabian horse
Spotlight on Trader Bonuses in Red Dead Online This Month
In the months to come, Red Dead Online will continue to showcase opportunities for players to chart their adventures across the game’s vast frontier, with special events featuring specialist role bonuses, fan-favorite Showdown modes, and all kinds of unique experiences added to the game since launch.
Monthly Trader Bonuses
With the increased demand for furs during the winter months, trappers and traders of all kinds (butchers and Gus Macmillan included) will be paying a additional bonus of 50% RDO$ for all skins delivered to them throughout the month. Hides returned as materials to Cripps will also have increased value, while any Sales to merchants completed throughout February will pay double RDO$.
Experienced traders banding together to protect a freight transport from attackers in the Trade Route Free Roam Event will receive 2X Character and Role XP for their efforts. And all Traders who play Red Dead Online this month will also receive 10 Predator Bait, while Naturalists will receive 10 Mixture Tonics.
2X RDO$ on free roam missions
Keep an eye out for strangers and familiar faces Free Roaming Missions on the go – including Jake and Sadie Adler, Bonnie MacFarlane, Josiah Trelawny, Sean Macguire and many more. These adventures pay off 2X RDO$ thus, whatever your nobility or notoriety.
2X RDO$ and XP on Loot
Seize and steal supplies from a central location and return them safely to your home base in Looting, this month’s Showdown mode. Be on the lookout for the opposing team’s thieves or steal from their hideout. The team with the most loot wins. PlayingPlunder will result in 2X RDO$ and XP for the next month.
2X RDO$ and XP on Call to Arms
Grab your weapons, place your allies in strategic positions around the perimeter, and batten down the hatches against wave after wave of ruthless attacks. This month’s fan favorite call to arms mode also pays 2X RDO$ and XP.
Free Morning Tail Coat
Tumbleweed Sheriff Sam Freeman needs help finding a kidnapped woman. Fill the A Land of Opportunities “Love and Honor” Mission anytime this month, you’ll win a red Morning Tail coat.
replay any A land of opportunities Missions by pulling up the Pause Menu, selecting Progress, then Story Missions.
Featured series schedule
Here’s a look at all of this month’s Featured Series bonuses in Red Dead Online. You can jump straight to the Featured Series at any time directly from the main menu in Red Dead Online. All rewards and offers will be delivered within 72 hours of completion.
February 1-7: Hardcore Elimination Streaks
- Create a custom outfit to receive a 50% offer on any camp dog.
- Visit your camp’s stew pot to see the recipe for Cripps’ special stew and make it anytime this week to receive a free gift. hobo’s life 1 Outfit to wear for Cripps.
February 8-14: New Hanover series
- Craft an item at your Campfire to receive the Pink Camp Flag.
- Track, find and hunt any legendary animal to receive a red version of the Cornhill hat.
- Protect the town of Valentine from attackers in call to arms this week and reach wave 3 to receive a red Chuparosa poncho.
- Play anytime this week to receive 5 Fine Brandies and 10 Chocolate Bars to treat your loved one – or enjoy them on their own…no judgment here!
- win any Featured Series to receive an offer of 5 gold bars on the butcher’s table.
February 15-21: Sport of Kings and Last Stand Series
- Owners of a large camp will receive a 50% offer on a camping tent.
- Fill out a Merchant sales mission and complete your trader materials completely to receive an extra 2,000 Trader XP.
February 22-28: Tumbleweed Series
- Play this week Featured Series to receive a 30% offer on a luxury campfire.
- Craft any item in Gus’ shop to receive a pair of red Mountfleet gloves.
We can’t all be fighters all the time. This Valentine’s Day is dedicated to the lovers among us, and local vendors are getting into the spirit of things by offering half off all corsets, top hats, ties, dresses and all barber services for those who looking to liven things up for an evening on the town.
Naturalists can visit Harriet Davenport and purchase the Sample Kit for 5 Gold Bars and Legendary Animal Pheromones for 70% off, while Legendary Trapper Gus Macmillan is offering his Ram’s Horn Jewel for 40% off. Those teething as budding naturalists can get the Varmint Rifle 75% off at any gunsmith or through the Catalog, while the Carcano Rifle is 40% off. Stylish Entrepreneurs can take 40% off Trader Role Outfits this month. All stables, meanwhile, are offering 40% off Missouri Fox Trotter horse breeds.
Wanderlust is a familiar feeling on the frontier, which is why all camp upkeep, set-up, and relocation fees are waived this month. Travel, discover the world, don’t be afraid to pitch your tent in different places.
Tailors are also offering discounts on select clothing and accessories this month – see the full list below:
- 50% off brass glasses
- 60% off Flixton Hat
- 40% off Glenwood Coat
- 40% off all boots
Prime Gaming Benefits
Red Dead Online players who connect their Rockstar Games Social Club account to Prime Gaming through February 28 will receive a reward for free pants and a 30% offer on an Arabian horse.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is currently available for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
More articles on Red Dead Redemption 2