HONG KONG, August 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Tencent The Institute of Games announced on Friday Tencent The Game Developers Conference (TGDC) 2022 will begin on August 16. The two-day event will feature five sessions, including Product, Technology, Art, Indie Game and Advocacy, where developers from world-renowned game companies, academics and community members will share their views on the developments of the gaming industry.
Now in its sixth year, the TGDC was founded to drive creativity, imagination, insight, technology, influence and cohesion in the games industry. And that’s the inspiration behind this year’s theme.”Inhale Six Senses.“
The organizer will open the event’s live stream page on Tencent’s official YouTube channel, which features the full agenda and an alarm you can set to watch the event live. Highlights from this year’s event include:
- 10 Years of Clash: Building a Sustainable Gaming Business Through Data-Driven Decisions – Supercell Gaming Data Scientist Hotloo Xiranood
- A playful production process – Richard Lemarchandassociate professor of USC Games
- Design Sensitivities for a Collaborative Culture – Jamie SmithSumo Digital’s Lead Game Designer
- Interactive story: playing with words – Raúl Rubio Munárriz, CEO and CCO of tequila works
- Implementing ray tracing in mobile games – Alekos CaporaliImagination Technologies Technical Graphic Artist
- Computational imaging for 3D reconstruction – YujiPixel Lab Scientist, Tencent Interactive entertainment group
- Low-poly mesh generation for model building – Xifeng Gao and Kui Wu, Director and Principal Researcher of LightSpeed Studios, Tencent Interactive entertainment group
- Dynamic weather rendering in Arena Breakout – Ka Ming ChanEngine Center Lead Engineer, Morefun Studios, Tencent Interactive entertainment group
- UE5 deferred technology pipeline for mobile games – Wei LiuSoftware Engineer, Developer Relations, Epic Games China
Independent play session
- 13 years later: A retrospective of by Edmund McMillen game design manifesto – Edmund McMillenvideo game designer and artist
- Behind the scenes of Sniper Elite – Jordan Woodward and Ben FisherHead of Design & Principal Design Assistant at Rebellion
- How can Chinese indie game developers succeed in the overseas market? – Zifei WuFounder of Pathea Games, hazel yangMarketing Director, China RegionDevolver Digital, Kan Gao, founder of Freebird Games and Crofts JarvisCurve Games VP Commercial and Strategic Insights
- Yara’s Soundscapes: Innovation and Audio Representation in “Far Cry 6” – Eduardo VaismanAudio Director at Ubisoft (Far Cry 6)
- Artistic direction over time: identity and continuity of the project – Nicolas Sparth Bouvier, senior artistic director of G1 Studio, TiMi Studio group, Tencent Interactive entertainment group
- Bring the world to your shaders – Matt OztalayEpic Games Developer Relations Technical Artist
- Finding your way in the metaverse – Pan Hui, Affiliate Professor, Director of the Center for Metaverse and Computational Creativity at HKUST
- Lessons learned while playing for the planet – The Play for the planet United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) team, Trista PattersonMicrosoft Xbox Global Chief Sustainability Officer, Bulkeley Huntersenior product manager of Tilting Point, Xinyang Wenproducer of Waking up in the desert
For the specific broadcast time of each session and topic, please check the official website of TGDC 2022.
TGDC’s exploration of the gaming industry has never stopped. And TGDC 2022 will continue to provide the latest experiences in game development to global game practitioners, game enthusiasts and people from all walks of life through a wider range of speakers and more innovative and in-depth discussions, with an eye on future development trends. the gaming industry and academia. Tencent Institute of Games expects to work with all parties to promote the healthy development of the game industry and explore more opportunities in the game industry.
About Tencent Game Developers Conference (TDGC):
TGDC is an annual event organized by the Tencent Institute of Games to promote the construction of an industrial ecosystem and foster its development. It aims to create an open communication platform with industry professionals and scholars from China and abroad to share the latest experiences in game research and development, as well as the development trends of industry and academia, to promote the development of a harmonious industrial ecosystem.
About Tencent Games Institute:
Tencent The Games Institute was founded in December 2016. It aims to become a platform to facilitate exchanges and promote communications within the industry. Its mission is to cultivate professional talent, encourage game studies, and create an ecosystem for game developers. Tencent Institute of Games is committed to creating more opportunities for the gaming industry through collaborations with international institutions of higher learning, hosting academic events, competitions and industry conferences, and providing professional courses related to games.