The Minnesota Twins (17-11) take on the Oakland Athletics (10-17), who will be looking to snap an eight-game losing streak, Sunday at 2:10 p.m. ET at Target Field.
On the hill for the Twins, Chris Paddack (1-2), will face Daulton Jefferies of the Athletics (1-4).
Yesterday’s match between these clubs saw the Twins win 1-0 over Athletics. At plate, Jorge Polanco went 3-for-4 with a brace, home run and an RBI to lead the Twins to victory.
Find out all the detailed information about this MLB baseball game including date, time, TV channel and where to stream it live online for free. Watch this match live in the USA on FuboTV (7-day free trial).
Watch Minnesota Twins vs. Oakland Athletics with fuboTV
- Match day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game time: 2:10 p.m. ET
- TV: NBC Sports Networks (regional restrictions may apply)
- Direct: Watch online with fuboTV!
Who are the Twins’ key players?
- Paddack (1-2) will take the mound for the Twins, his fifth start of the season.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in four games this season with a 3.15 ERA and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings with a .263 batting average.
- Byron Buxton paces the Twins in home runs (nine) and shots scored (17).
- Max Kepler has three doubles, five homers and 13 walks while batting .244.
- Polanco is batting .232 with six doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
- Carlos Correa paces the Twins with a .255 batting average.
Who are the key players in Athletics?
- Jefferies gets the start for the track, his sixth of the season. He is 1-4 with a 4.81 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 24 1/3 innings pitched.
- The 26-year-old has a 4.81 ERA and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season, while giving opponents a .276 batting average.
- Sheldon Neuse leads the team in batting average with a .307 rating.
- Sean Murphy has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the roster with four home runs and 15 RBIs.
- Elvis Andrus is 0.193 with five doubles, one home run and nine walks.
- Seth Brown is batting .167 with four doubles, a triple, two homers and eight walks.
The last 10 matches of the Twins
- Over the past 10 games, Correa has had a team-high eight points.
- Over the past 10 games, Minnesota has batted .428 with 3.4 extra hits per game.
- Minnesota has gone 4.5 points per outing in its last 10 games.
- Minnesota batters collectively have averaged 8.1 strikeouts and 4.1 strikeouts per strikeout over the past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, Minnesota’s pitching staff ERA is 2.90.
The last 10 matches of Athletics
- In the past 10 contests, Neuse has had one home run and six runs scored.
- In Oakland’s last 10 games, the team has batted .275 with 18 overtime hits.
- Over the last 10 games, Oakland has scored a total of 24 points.
- Oakland has 104 strikeouts in its last 10 games.
- The Oakland pitcher has a 4.60 ERA over the last 10 games.
Who is the favorite to win Twins vs. Athletics?
- Prefer: Twins (-187)
- Total: 7 (Y: +100 You : -120)
To watch this game live from the United States, log on to fuboTV (7-day free trial broadcast).